Tuesday, September 8, 2009

CAUGHT BY A RED LIGHT!



I use to be a ticket virgin (as Kyle would say) until late. Well... I was laying on the couch last Saturday and Kyle comes in from working in the yard and says, "JULIE FLORENCE CHRISMAN!" I am thinking in my head,"Hey dummie... it is technically Julie Allbritton Chrisman..." but I decided I would say,"what" in a very agitated tone. Anyway, he showed me the mail and on the top was... MY VERY FIRST TICKET!! A photo enforced ticket... I ran a red light... now.... for starters... I still think it was Kyle even though he did not drive my car that day...And also, it said that the light had been red for .09 seconds... and the picture they showed... definately had to have some photo enhancement to it because it was the brightest shade of red I have ever seen... hello!!!... It was only pink when I proceeded to roll my altima through the Lenox Rd. intersection (for those of you who live in Atlanta... check out how many signs/warnings are surrounding this intersection) To be honest... I am so embarrased.. what a humbling experience... it takes your picture and there is no denying what you have done..All of this got me thinking about our awesome God and His love for us... what if he called us out on our sins and mailed us a picture?!?!? Or made us pay 70.00.... it is pretty amazing that everytime that we disobey Him, he sends us His grace and forgiveness and not a ticket! It is incredible to me the different ways that the Lord reveals himself to us... even if it is through a photo enforced ticket... and PS... how dumb!! Love to all... and WAR EAGLE... next blog... how I miss Auburn and how great it was to see Courtney and Mary Lindsey!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

you crack me up florence. i LOVED seeing you this weekend! hope your week is going well. can't wait to see you again soon. love from the plains..

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha!!

I wish i could have been there to see kyle screem your name.